Kyle Jones is the founder and Key Principal of TruePoint Capital, LLC. Kyle is responsible for the company’s strategic planning, investment decisions, asset management, and overseeing all aspects of the company’s financial activities, operations, and investor relations. In addition to TruePoint Capital, LLC, Kyle is a co-founder of American Grid, a real estate appraisal company.
- I introduce and welcome the guest, Kyle Jones
- The launching of Kyle’s podcast, The Income Investor Podcast Kyle shares what he is currently up to
- Kyle tells us his background and how his journey to real estate began
- Climbing the corporate ladder
- Finding other streams of income
- Two years of doing nothing to get the ball rolling on his real estate career
- The shift in mindset
- Kyle walks us through his process of making deals
- Finding the right, experienced partner for your deals
- Communication is crucial in this business
- Kyle talks about diversifying his portfolio
- Juggling between his w2 job, real estate business, and appraisal business
- How Kyle is keeping his work and family life balanced
- Kyle talks about the people that have helped him reach where he is now today
- His wife supported and trusted his decisions
- His two main business partners
- Kyle’s recommendations for people considering a transition from a w2 job to starting their own business.
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve ever made?
- Developing a property in a time where there’s a lot of volatility in the market.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- I love being in the ball fields. I’m a big baseball guy.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- I’m so grateful for my family. Being able to be there for them and support them.
- Connect with Kyle online. See the links below.
“Experience goes a long way, and you want to make sure that you have really vetted the partner. You need somebody who has experience with the whole process.” – Kyle Jones
“You don’t want to lie to anybody, but you also want to set the tone like you know what you’re doing.” – Kyle Jones
“Don’t just come to them with the problem. Come to them with the solution as well.” – Kyle Jones
“Don’t get so caught up in quitting your job. Set the metrics. You’ve got to understand where your expenses are before you can start looking at, ‘now I’m gonna move on to replacing my income.’” – Kyle Jones
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.