Brandon Hall is the founder and CEO of The Real Estate CPA and Hall CPA PLLC. After being disenchanted with his career working at two of the Big 4 accounting firms, Brandon decided to shake things up. Most people who are frustrated with office politics and a rigid corporate structure would usually switch over to a less demanding nine to five, but not Brandon.
With a passion to radically change the way traditional accounting firms work, Brandon decided to start his own virtual accounting firm. Brandon is an anomaly and his forward-thinking views of the accounting industry sets him apart.
- Brandon shares what keeps him busy these days
- Brandon talks about his background
- A summary of how he became The Real Estate CPA
- He shares what pushed him to become an entrepreneur
- The BiggerPockets platform – how it skyrocketed Brandon’s career
- How to make Tax Talk more exciting and interesting
- Scaling a Services Business
- Brandon discusses the challenges with scaling their CPA Firm
- Brandon talks about why he chose to build a virtual firm
- Building rapport with clients
- We talk about how to save on taxes in Real Estate
- Advice for people looking to travel the path to becoming Real Estate Professionals
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- I think it’s real estate or just investing my time in running a business
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Road Biking and playing with my son.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Right now, creating an organization that allows accountants to work anywhere in the world at any time and be part of a big growth engine and offer them an opportunity that they’re not gonna get anywhere else.
- Connect with Brandon. Links below
“When you get somebody, and you realize ‘oh man, they’re really fired up about this.’ I always try to put that person up for success.” – Brandon Hall
“The thing about services that i’ve realized is it’s incredibly easy to build a services business to a certain point. I think services businesses are really difficult to scale once you hit some point of inflection.” – Brandon Hall
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Guide To Qualifying as a Real Estate Professional
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.