At the age of 27, Rachel quit her job and retired, living off over $15,000 per month in passive income. Rachel has made a name for herself in the personal finance realm. She is the bestselling author of Money Honey and Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement. She has been featured on the Penny Hoarder and the New York Times and contracted to speak at colleges. She is a former financial advisor and a real estate investor with almost 40 rental units. Her valuable lessons have helped thousands of female millennials work their way out of financial despair. She has successfully done what no one has done before: made the topic of money management fun, entertaining, and simple.
- I introduce and welcome the guest, Rachel Richards
- Rachel shares what she is currently up to and her plans for the future
- Rachel talks about her background and how her story began
- Grew up in a wealthy county with a family that always has to stick to a tight budget.
- Rachel’s career trajectory
- The journey of writing her books and becoming a best-selling author
- Reaching one person at a time
- Rachel talks about how they were able to generate close to $15,000 in passive income
- She started looking for other streams of income in 2017, aside from her w2 job.
- Why they chose real estate for their investing vehicle
- Income diversification
- Rachel shares her approach to making personal finance fun to attract people
- The need to sacrifice something to reach your financial freedom
- Rachel’s journey to financial freedom
- Achieving balance and setting your priorities
- Communication is key in their relationship
- Rachel talks about her course, Get Your Financial $hit Together.
- Facing a moral dilemma of ‘why should I charge people money to help them with their money?’
- Is this course a fit for you? Find out now!
- Rachel shares her thoughts on the FIRE movement
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve ever made?
- Joining a mastermind.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Personally, it’s traveling and reading.
- Business-wise, creating content in a way where I know, I’m genuinely helping people and doing it for the right reasons.
- Connect with Rachel online. See the links below.
“I think we get way too caught up in comparing where we are now to somebody’s 10-year — we’re comparing our present selves to somebody else that’s been doing this for 5, 10, 15 years and who now has a lot of success.” – Rachel Richards
“Maybe you are not gonna create a life-changing book the first try or do something that’s gonna impact hundreds of thousands of lives the first try. But after you consistently create content and hone your craft over a few years, you can absolutely get to that point. You just have to get started.” – Rachel Richards
“It’s so important to understand that sacrifice has to be made one way or another if you want to achieve financial freedom. This isn’t some get rich quick scheme. There’s no easy road you can take when it comes to achieving this.” – Rachel Richards
- The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens
- Money Honey
- Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Woman on Fire mastermind
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.