Justin Fraser is an apartment syndicator, asset manager, and real estate investor responsible for managing multiple apartments across the country.
Justin Fraser has been a real estate investor since 2014 when he bought a single-family home as a rental property. For years Justin flipped houses and owned single-family rentals until May of 2018, when he formed 88 Real Estate Capital and closed on his first apartment syndication, raising over $600k for the deal.
By September 2018, Justin exited his corporate job as a Project Manager and jumped full time into real estate investing. He found some excellent partners and is an active member of 6 apartment complexes holding over 1000 units. Justin built an asset management business, responsible for running the business of these apartment complexes.
He is also the host of True Multifamily, a podcast about the business of apartment investing, showcasing the real work that happens after a deal closes. His goal is to share insights, tips, tricks, and best practices through storytelling by real asset managers and owners.
- Justin shares what keeps him busy these days
- Justin talks about how his journey started and how it led to where he is today
- Found success in the corporate scene
- Discovered the potential in real estate and fell in love with it
- The importance of having a supportive spouse
- Flipping houses while working full-time – how Justin manages to pull it off!
- Find the right partners! Justin discusses why.
- Losing his job became an opportunity for him to dive into real estate full-time.
- Become someone that could be of value to others. Hone your skills and show them.
- Don’t just wait for people to ask you for help. Show them that you have what it takes.
- Justin demystifies people’s misconceptions about asset management
- He talks about the true role of an asset manager
- Pursue your passion, but don’t let it be your downfall.
- Justin talks about the biggest challenges in his career so far
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- Investing my time in becoming an investor. No one in my family has invested before me.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- We love to go outdoors – camping and hiking.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Seeing my sons grow and seeing their curiosity about life.
- Connect with Justin. Links available below.
“Whatever you are looking to get into…find someone that’s doing that and do what I did. Be around. Be available. Don’t just blindly say, ‘hey, let me know if I can help you,’ but figure out how you can help them.” – Justin Fraser
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.
Let’s stay Contrarian!