Bruce Petersen is a real estate investor, educator, best-selling author, and large multifamily syndicator. Bruce is also known as “The Apartment Guy” and was awarded the Austin Apartment Association’s Independent Rental Owner of the Year for 2016. The National Apartment Association’s Independent Rental Owner of the Year for 2017. Bruce is a firm believer that people should strive to earn more money and become rich so that they can do more things to help others.
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Bruce Petersen
- Bruce talks about his journey to multifamily syndications.
- From working in retail to diving straight into multifamily syndications back in 2012
- Getting over being uncomfortable with networking
- Raising hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars from investors and the risks that comes with it.
- Are syndications the right path for you? Find out with the help of Bruce’s advice.
- Bruce talks about his book; Syndicating is a B*tch
- The inspiration behind the book
- Check out Bruce’s Passive Investing course and other resources at https://streetversity.com/
- Overcoming the “Middle-Class Mindset”
- Always think you need to become better at everything you do
- The more money you get, the more people you can help
- Upgrade your peer group
- Move away from people that drag successful people down
- Involving the family in the business
- Bruce talks about how they are incorporating their work with family life
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- I went off chasing shiny objects and dollars and took part in the oil industry.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- My wife and I love going out to dinner. We love to travel.
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Giving back and helping other people.
- Get in touch with Bruce. See the links below.
“Money is not evil. Money is not bad. Success is not anything to be ashamed of; it’s to be celebrated, right. We should all want to be billionaires because if we are good people, we could do so much more good with more money.” – Bruce Petersen
“You got to be self-aware. Don’t lie to yourself. Just own your shortcomings and deal with them.” – Bruce Petersen
“I have problems. I have issues. We all do. Don’t let those issues and problems stop you from doing something that could change your life.” – Bruce Petersen
Get in touch with Bruce through the following platforms:
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.