Robert oversees acquisitions and capital markets for the firm and has acquired over $100M of multifamily real estate. He has evaluated thousands of opportunities using proprietary underwriting models and published the number one book on multifamily underwriting, The Definitive Guide to Underwriting Multifamily Acquisitions. He has written over 50 articles about underwriting, deal structures, and capital markets and hosts the Capital Spotlight podcast, which is focused on interviewing institutional investors.
- Rob shares what keeps him busy these days
- Rob talks about his background and how his journey began
- Learning a way not only to earn an income in real estate but also to build wealth
- Why he didn’t want to get into the brokerage side of real estate
- The A to Z of how Lone Star Capital was built
- Rob’s advice on forming partnerships
- Why Texas? Rob explains why they chose to build their business in Texas
- Rob shares what it’s like for him to be an introverted person in the real estate industry
- He talks about the story behind his book
- An in-depth guide on how to underwrite multifamily acquisitions
- Rob shares his thoughts on the current state of the market
- Rob explains Preferred Equity and why it’s a strong play on the current market
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- Invest in the Stock Market during the decline in March of 2020
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- I love to travel
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Being a teacher or a coach in some capacity.
- Connect with Rob. Links below
“I don’t think I ever thought about the possibility of failure. I didn’t just take a risk thinking that ‘oh, I’m fine because I can fail.’ I never wanna fail. So, I thought to myself, ‘okay, this is where I’m going, and I’m going to be successful.'” – Rob Beardsley
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.
Let’s stay Contrarian!