Dawn Brenengen is the founder of Trailwood Realty, a real estate investor and agent. She also owns a property management company within Trailwood Realty.
Dawn has been a real estate broker since 2002 and started her real estate journey by selling new homes in Lake Hogan Farms in Chapel Hill. After Lake Hogan Farms sold out, she started selling in Highcroft in Cary during the real estate boom of the mid-2000s.
Dawn also ventured into investing in real estate. She started by buying a property with her parents in 2004. Later on, she bought another one in 2006 and 2012 on her own. Being hands-on with managing the property, building up her experience, and being confident with the skills she honed, she started her own Property Management Business to extend her knowledge and help other owners manage their properties.
- I introduce our guest, Dawn Brenengen
- Dawn shares what keeps her busy these days
- Dawn talks about her background
- What sent her down the path of real estate
- She speaks about her real estate journey
- The beginning of Trailwood Realty
- How do real estate agents get new clients?
- Dawn’s struggles as an introvert in an industry that’s all about networking
- Dawn talks about how she found opportunities through the help of BiggerPockets
- Dawn shares why she started a Property Management business
- Managing time effectively as a real estate agent/entrepreneur/mother
- Dawn shares how she got started investing in real estate
- Dawn’s advice for investors during these turbulent times in the market
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you’ve made?
- Flipping things on eBay. Day Trading.
- What’s your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Spending time outside and with the family
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Spending time with my kids.
- Connect with Dawn. Links below
“What people need to realize is that when you get your license that they teach you a lot about how to stay out of real estate jail and how to do things correctly, [but] they don’t really teach you how to get clients and actually do the business, and you know actually do the job. So, I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening once they get their license.” – Dawn Brenengen
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.